Withdrawal, Cancellation & Refund Procedures for Michigan USSSA Fastpitch
When a Softball Team Withdraws Prior to an Event
We understand that unforeseen circumstances, especially injuries, roster defections, player availability, etc. can occur over the course of a season. Teams should also plan for the unexpected and understand that the scheduling process starts weeks and sometimes months before an event is scheduled to take place. With this understanding teams will agree to add eligible players or utilize guest players to be sure the teams participation is the #1 priority.
- A refund minus a $50 administrative fee shall be given if a team withdraws on or before the 30th day prior to the tournament.
- No refund shall be given if a team withdraws after the 29th day prior to the tournament or entries are closed due to event being full or the schedule is posted unless a replacement team is found. If a replacement team is found all but a $100 administrative fee will be refunded.
- No refund shall be given if a team withdraws within 7 days before the start of the event regardless whether or not a replacement team is found or the schedule is posted. When this occurs, it is still the team's obligation to notify the tournament director that they will not be participating.
Covid-19 Special Consideration Refund Policy For The 2020 season:
- Michigan USSSA Fastpitch and all members shall recognize that each director is running a small business. Each director must be financially responsible in covering cost incurred up until the time of a cancellation due to Covid-19. Michigan USSSA Fastpitch has strongly suggested that no director withhold more than 10% of a teams entry fee and furthermore no director will withhold any margin unnecessary to meet financial responsibility for that single event. Included in this 10% is the credit card processing fee that stays with the National Office. Also, strongly suggested is that all gate fees shall be refunded in full. Directors event financial responsibility may vary from each director due to many factors. Some directors may refund 100%.
- Any team pulling out and requesting a refund from an event that has yet to be cancelled Due to Covid-19 will forfeit a $50 administration fee.
- Events will be cancelled following all best safety practices in a timely manner to allow for adjustments in hotels and other team planning.
- Some events are Stay to Play while some are not. Events that are Stay to Play guarantee no financial obligation from teams to Hotels. These cancellations will be taken care of by Traveling Teams Inc. as part of the safety provided by contract. No need for teams to reach out to hotels.
- Teams must work with hotels directly for those events that are not Stay to Play.
- Directors will have options other than refunds available. Teams should communicate with the director of their event to explore these options.
Refunds for Cancellations or Shortening of an Event
While Michigan USSSA Fastpitch and our Host Partners will make every attempt to play each event, weather and other unforeseen circumstances may prevent an event from being completed or in some cases, even starting. In those cases:
- A 75% refund will be given to teams that do not start any game in an event. Teams may elect to be placed into a future event with the same Director (if space available) applying 100% of the entry fee to the new event.
- A 50% refund will be given to teams starting less than ½ of its scheduled games.
- No refund will be given to teams starting ½ or more of its scheduled games.
- If a regulation game is suspended and able to later resume without scheduling issues beyond the tournament directors control then it will be resumed at the point of interruption with lineups and batting orders remaining the same.
- A regulation game that is suspended can be ruled a complete game if:
- 3 innings of having a batting turn have been completed by the team that has scored fewer runs, or if the home team has completed 2 or 2 and a fraction batting turns, and the teams are tied.
- If the game goes past 3 innings and the game is called, even if the teams haven’t had equal amount of batting turns, the score shall be the same as it was at the completion of the last completed inning, or if the home team is in its half of the incomplete inning and sores a run(s) which equals or exceeds its opponents score this will be the score recorded if the game is called.
Note: In the case where teams are due a refund but are registered and unpaid for future Michigan USSSA Fastpitch events with the same director, that refund shall be applied to the balance due on those future events.
Michigan USSSA Fastpitch reserves the right to adjust this policy at any time to accommodate unusual circumstances.