Withdrawal, Cancellation & Refund Procedures for Michigan USSSA Fastpitch
When a Softball Team Withdraws Prior to an Event
We understand that unforeseen circumstances, especially injuries, roster defections, player availability, etc. can occur over the course of a season. Teams should also plan for the unexpected and understand that the scheduling process starts weeks and sometimes months before an event is scheduled to take place.
- A refund minus a $50 administrative fee shall be given if a team withdraws on or before the 30th day prior to the tournament.
- No refund shall be given if a team withdraws after the 29th day prior to the tournament or entries are closed due to event being full or the schedule is posted unless a replacement team is found. If a replacement team is found all but a $100 administrative fee will be refunded.
- No refund shall be given if a team withdraws within 7 days before the start of the event regardless whether or not a replacement team is found or the schedule is posted. When this occurs, it is still the team's obligation to notify the tournament director that they will not be participating.
Refunds for Cancellations or Shortening of an Event
While Michigan USSSA Fastpitch and our Host Partners will make every attempt to play each event, weather and other unforeseen circumstances may prevent an event from being completed or in some cases, even starting. In those cases:
- A 75% refund will be given to teams that do not start any game in an event. Teams may elect to be placed into a future event with the same Director (if space available) applying 100% of the entry fee to the new event.
- A 50% refund will be given to teams starting less than ½ of its scheduled games.
- No refund will be given to teams starting ½ or more of its scheduled games.
- If a regulation game is suspended and able to later resume without scheduling issues beyond the tournament directors control then it will be resumed at the point of interruption with lineups and batting orders remaining the same.
- A regulation game that is suspended can be ruled a complete game if:
- 3 innings of having a batting turn have been completed by the team that has scored fewer runs, or if the home team has completed 2 or 2 and a fraction batting turns, and the teams are tied.
- If the game goes past 3 innings and the game is called, even if the teams haven’t had equal amount of batting turns, the score shall be the same as it was at the completion of the last completed inning, or if the home team is in its half of the incomplete inning and sores a run(s) which equals or exceeds its opponents score this will be the score recorded if the game is called.
Note: In the case where teams are due a refund but are registered and unpaid for future Michigan USSSA Fastpitch events with the same director, that refund shall be applied to the balance due on those future events.
Michigan USSSA Fastpitch reserves the right to adjust this policy at any time to accommodate unusual circumstances.